This is broccoli on a whole new level! Even the pickiest of eaters will love it. Serve this as a side or feel free to add a quick cooking protein to the mix. Think: cubed tofu, cubed chicken breast, thinly sliced pork or steak, even shrimp.
- 1 medium orange
- 1 tablespoon high heat cooking oil (I prefer avocado)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (if you have it)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (not required, but adds depth to flavor)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds or fine chopped nuts
- 1 lb of any of the proteins above
- Add Carrot ribbons, bok choy, sweet pepper slices, green onions, red chili flakes
- Serve with rice to make a complete meal
Quick-Saute in Skillet
Over high heat, add broccoli and ½ cup water. Place lid on top and cook for 3-4 minutes until just softened. Remove lid, adding ginger, garlic, strips of orange peel, and any of the optional items. When all the liquid has cooked off, add in the cooking oil and saute.
In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, and ¼ cup of orange juice.
Finish and Plate it
Add the sauce to the skillet and stir well. Top with sesame seeds or chopped nuts.